Friday, December 16, 2011

I Thessalonians 5:16 - Rejoice Forevermore

In 1 Thessalonians 5:16, the bible tells us to "Rejoice Forevermore". How can we rejoice when our world seems to be coming apart at the seams? How can we rejoice when we don't know which way to turn and no matter what we try to accomplish it just seems to fall by the wayside? We can rejoice because God told us to. We can rejoice because we know that we have a connection and a relationship to the one who holds the world in the palm of His hand.

As a working, older adult student it sometimes becomes hard for me to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It seems as if the enemy is attacking me on all sides. This really used to bother me before I began my relationship with Christ, but now that I am in Him and Him in me, I can see that this is just a trick of the enemy. All of my trials and tribulations are simply because the enemy is mad because I've truly given my life to Christ. When you are busy working for God is when the enemy tries to attack you the most.

So when you are studying for your finals, or doing your research paper and it seems as if nothing is coming together for you, take a moment to remember to whom you belong. Ask God for peace in the midst of your storm and He will give it to you.

No comments: