Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Life, A List in Paragraph Form

So remember how last year I'd always write these really awesome (coughboringcough) blogs while doing my laundry and looking out the window of Upper Head? Yeah, we're back to that one. Only, now we're in Lower Head. There isn't a window, so the view isn't as good, but the vibrating washing machine is still making my back a little too hot for comfort, and I still have a limited amount of time before I have to be somewhere else, preferably in clothes a little nicer than what I'm currently wearing (shorts, sweatshirt, and bed head. Not that I just woke up or anything. No. For real. I've been up for ages).

The last time we spoke, I talked to you about Romans. This time, we're going to talk about something a little deeper: my health or lack thereof.

I went to the doctor this morning. I've had a sore throat for a few days now and I have to preach in class tomorrow morning and I need to be able to talk. My 8:00 class had a test so I went to that, then hightailed it over to Camp Creek Marketplace where there's a conveniently located urgent care facility. A very nice nurse, a long wait at the pharmacy, a strawberry fruit popsicle, and one missed class later, I have a weird pastel pink vaguely cherry-flavored liquid that made my tongue go numb and some type of pill thing that may or may not make me feel dizzy. If you see me stumbling around campus, that'll be why.

Being sick always makes me want to go home. Our doctor is super awesome and, well... My mom is at home. Don't you want your mom when you're sick? Especially in the face of pale pink cherry stuff. He had to mix it up himself. They don't even sell it like that.

What was it that we used to do at the end? Oh, yeah, I remember. :)
Video of the Blog: Funny, cute, sweet, and we're not just talking about the song. Mike Lombardo's one of my favorite new artists and if you don't giggle when you watch this, you're probably an alien. :)



-Elizabeth

No comments: