Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Decking the halls, senioritis, and other West Point related thoughts.

Well, now that you have read my thoughts from this summer, I felt it necessary to update you on what the move has looked like thus far.


A lot has taken place in just a few short months. While much of the changes have taken some time to adjust to, with the approach of the end of the first semester, I can honestly say that it has been an adventure!

I have attended many soccer, volleyball, football, and basketball games; got to win some cash in a costume contest, went to Florida on a retreat, carved pumpkins, went swimming, hiking, went to a haunted house, and have been involved in an awesome community called Feast.

So now that you are partially caught up to speed, here are some pictures to show you what life at Point University has looked like so far!

Got to go on a beach retreat with ACF!


Here are a few of my "homies" at Feast! I have had such a wonderful time learning about what real community looks like. (More thoughts on this to come in the future!)
(L-R: Megan, Carson, Myself)

Got to go to an Auburn game!
(for the record, I do not claim "allegiance" to any football team.
Also, my views and pictures do not represent Point University...)


Had a party in class! (Learning CAN be fun
Our kayaking down the Chattahoochee River.

Got to decorate Christmas cards with my sa-weet boyfriend at Feast!

And of course, my boyfriend cut down a Christmas tree from his backyard and I decorated it. We waited til morning and surprised his family - so fun! 
\

Great memories at soccer games!
(L-R: Top: Me and Kara. Bottom: Shali andTori)


In short, there have been many wonderful joys involved in living in a small town. And while I miss the city, and I miss the way things used to be, change has brought about such wonderfully new exciting things! I am excited for my last semester... now if I could just make it through finals...

- Rebecca E.



No comments: