Monday, November 5, 2012

It's Fall Y'all!!

The air is becoming crisp, the leaves are changing their colors, and the smell of pumpkin pie is in the air. It's that season right before the hustle and bustle of Christmas and the New Year. I love this time of year as the seasons are changing! I am about halfway through my junior year here at Point. That means it's about time for me to make plans for the changes I will encounter once I leave here. For me, those changes include seminary. I've had the pleasure of speaking to many of my professors on which seminary they would choose (not surprisingly they pretty much all recommend their alma mater - go figure, lol). I've gained valuable insight and now it's time for me to start visiting and talking to the schools. We recently had a graduate school fair here on campus, I was able to talk to several schools and narrow down my choice. It was an exciting time to be able to speak directly to the representatives who can help tell you more about their school. All in all, I have to make a choice and it has been narrowed down to two schools. I feel comfortable either way. I believe that the foundation I've received can only be built upon. I'm excited for the future. I'm excited to see where God leads me. We all know the familiar passage from Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" During my first class at Point, I received a t-shirt with that passage on it. Little did I know just what God had planned for me. Three years later God's plan is still in action. Being an adult going back to school is hard, but the key is letting God do the planning. Once we settle in and follow him, we can only prosper.

No comments: