Monday, March 24, 2008

Un-lent...


I am trusting that everyone had an amazing Easter celebration. I was able to spend time with my family in South Carolina, so that made mine more meaningful.
On a similar note, I gave up Starbucks for lent this year, which near about killed me in the first few weeks. However, it got easier with time and I wonder how much money I saved in the process. It was a really good lesson for me; I feel like I am slowly learning the difference between needs and wants, in this area and many more. Additionally, last night at our Sunday nights gathering on campus, we were challenged to now take something for forty days of celebration. It is an interesting perspective that lent is about sacrifice for forty days, yet we only celebrate the resurrection for one. I'm not sure what I want to pick up for my forty days of celebration, but I love the concept. Can I call it Un-lent?
Outside of the Easter season, it is going to be a busy and fun week. The entire campus is having a Spring ministry day at City of Refuge on Thursday. We all look forward to going downtown and helping out with this amazing church and organization... and not to mention there are no classes being held! I am sure you will hear more about the activities of Spring ministry day in coming posts.
Until then...

No comments: