Saturday, January 30, 2010

The View from Saturday

So it's 10:10 AM exactly, on a Saturday morning, and I am a) awake, a feat in and of itself b) not tired and c) eating dry cereal. More specifically, eating off-brand Lucky Charms.

Today is awesome because I will be at home tonight. A friend of mine (Adam) is working at Woodland Christian Camp this weekend, and he's going to be really close to my house, and he's kind enough to take me as far as Temple. I haven't been home in three weeks, and although my guy friends tease me ("It's called being independent, Elizabeth." "Yeah, independent.") there's nothing wrong with wanting to see my parents. When I was planning to go to Arkansas for school, I knew I'd never get to come home for weekends and I was okay with that. But one of the advantages of going to school closer to home is GETTING to be home every so often, and I'd have to be stupid to not take advantage of that.

Today is not awesome because I have so much stuff to DO! My Monday is chock-full of classes, study sessions, blood-donating sessions, and essays to turn in. I'm hoping to get a lot of it done before I go home so I can relax and hang out with the aforementioned parentals. Hence my 8:30 wake-up call. I'm going to go to some more homework.


- Elizabeth

1 comment:

Crowberry said...

Ebeth,
I enjoy your blog. Did you know that there is a way to link it to facebook. That way facebook will post a note to your facebook friends every time you post a new blog entry. I think Charla and other Crowe clan members would like read what you have to say.

Yours,

Uncle Berry