Monday, September 20, 2010

Aldi over Publix & Wal-Mart over Target

For the longest time I have wanted to adopt. That sentence probably sounds strange because I'm a unmarried college kid and trust me I don't plan on adopting any time soon! Haha. But even as a lil kid, I really wanted my parents to adopt. I wanted to give love and hope to a little kiddo who didn't have some of things I was raised with.

My parents were unable to adopt due to my medical situation for a while so I always thought I would need to wait until I was a married 20/30-something to give to a child. However, I started thinking lately... what about sponsorship?



So I decided to sponsor a child. :)

Everything isn't final yet so I won't post her picture or anything, but we share a birthday and she's an adorable little munchkin. She isn't old enough to write letters back to me or even do chores around the house but that's OK. I know that I will be able to help her have food, go to school soon and take visits to the doctor.

I absolutely cannot wait to start giving to this little girl. The love my parents gave me was wonderful and has stretched beyond the hugs and kisses but to food, clothes, school and toys - things that not all children have. I'm so excited that God has placed this on my heart to give to someone else what they may not get if it wasn't for organizations like World Vision and Compassion International.

For the longest time my church has sponsored children and I love being able to drop a buck or two in the basket for them. But I'm at that point in my life where I'm realizing something. As many times as I go to Chic-fil-A and the movies, which isn't even that much, I could be giving a little baby something she needs. Instead of venturing out to get my monthly fix of The Big Zax Snak (spelling?) meal @ Zaxby's, I can put it that money away, sponsor a child, and be able to donate to the little boy my church sponsors.

I don't think I realize how much money I was actually spending on extra things and I'm not even a big shopper. But I'm gonna head to Aldi over Publix, Wal-mart over Target, the cafeteria or my house instead of Chic-fil-a, and do what I can do sponsor this awesome little kid. (I can't wait to show you her picture!!)

I hope this post encourages you to check out organizations that sponsor little kiddos and maybe even with 5 or 6 friends, work together and sponsor a little boy or a little girl that really needs some love! :)

Love, Peace & Jamie-Grace

No comments: