Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I love not having class

I simply love all of our random holidays/breaks throughout the year.

This past weekend was Fall Break=Thursday-Sunday off. I went home to relax and spend time with my family. For all of you high school students out there, I know how you feel when you say "I can't wait to move into a dorm and get away from my parents!" Believe me, I said the same thing. It is so true though. Living on my own is marvelous thing. I love how my mothers voice is not my alarm clock in the morning anymore. Let me tell you this...

Moving out really does get your emotions rolling. Me and my mothers relationship actually got stronger since I moved out. I call her more frequently, I tell her I love her and I don't take our time together for granted anymore. I actually miss her! Relationships are a very important thing in life. You will begin to seriously realize this when you get to college. Friends are needed (real friends, not the crazy ones from high school that had your parents worried...you know what I am talking about) I am talking about friends who truly care for you and have your back. My friends at ACC love me for ME! What I am hinting at is.... LIVE ON CAMPUS! :)

Back to my 4 day weekend story...

The 9th grade girls in my small group came to ACC to hang out for a night. It was super exciting! We went to a church service at Grace Midtown, then went to the Varsity, and to top off our night, we stopped at Krispy Kreme!!!! Living close to Atlanta has its advantages. After our exciting, stomach twisting food runs, we came back to the campus. We then watched disney movies for a good while.

College :)

-Shelley

No comments: