Friday, October 22, 2010

The Stretch

This is one of my more personal entries yet. Although I've only blogged once, out of the two, this is the most personal. Who knows? Maybe I'll just make this blog a public diary in the life of Aaron Lewis @ ACC. I'm not here to talk to you about safety procedures before working out, neither is it about yoga. This preparation is more for the spiritual journey at ACC and the rest of your life. You never know as much about people as you think, and if you think you do, THINK AGAIN!!!



I consider myself to have somewhat of a childlike spirit. God has given me a pure heart through his son Jesus Christ. But at times I often feel misunderstood. Some of the things that I say or do are taken the wrong way and offend others. I don't at all mean to offend but somehow I do! "People just don't get me", is what I'd often say, until today it dawned on me. Although I meant no intentional harm to my peers, I have caused harmed unintentionally through my insensitivity to the lifestyle of fellow Christians.


It's like what Dr. Haralu was preaching, excuse me....teaching in class, we have to take time to get to know one another before we can be effective as Christians. I was hitting a cultural barrier but I didn't realize it until today. Everyone is not like me, and neither should I expect them to understand me. While I was busy criticizing others about their sensitivities, I should have been examining myself. My comfort with who I am was causing others discomfort and that's not the way it should be. I had to learn to be true to myself, without being truly me. This means we have to respect others, even when it doesn't feel like its who we are. It's not about us anyway. It's all about Jesus!!!!!


Mr. Jimmy Street said it best when he mentioned the 2-1-60 rule in Chapel. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. Lets spend more time listening and less time talking so that we may be able to LOVE our brothers and sisters more effectively and unify with one another in Christ. Lay aside assumptions of who others are and truly get to know them for who they are. Think before you speak! And once again listen. It requires hardly any energy.

LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF, AND YOU WILL DO WELL!

MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA, THE WORLD, AND OF COURSE A-C-C!!!!!

GO CHARGERS! GO! or should I say GO "SKY PILOTS"




Yours in Christ,
Aaron L.

No comments: