Saturday, January 1, 2011

The World is Mine! (I Don't Know Anything)

In 2010 I...

...survived two semesters of college.
...attended the funeral of one of the best men I've ever known.
...made the best reference book purchase EVER.
...had more mind opening experiences than I ever wanted.
...watched the Olympics and made a snow family with friends.
...wrote two epically awesome songs.
...watched my favorite cousin get married in Minnesota
...and got eaten by massive Minnesotan mosquitoes.
...celebrated my best friend's 18th birthday extravaganza.
...ruined half my clothes painting a house
...and wore paint covered clothes long after they should have been thrown away.
...successfully and finally forgave two friends who hurt me very much.
...read. And read and read and read some more. :D
...wrote. Journals, essays, blogs, poems, text messages, with varying levels of time consumption.
...watched two friends go from friends to dating to engaged to married!
...changed my major.
...fell out of love
...and into friendship.
...made new friends.
...kept some old friends.
...went to my first seriously professional concert.
...preached one (1) really really awful sermon and two (2) decent sermons.
... overcommited myself (again) (by accident).
...met one of my favorite authors and made a complete idiot of myself, but got him to sign one of my books.
...became more comfortable being uncomfortable.
...realized that I'm a fairly normal human being.
...reveled in this fact.
...started volunteering at City of Refuge with their afterschool program.
...cried an acceptable amount for a young woman of my level of emotional maturity.
...turned twenty
...and was promptly reminded how young I really am.
...held my own in a discussion with an adult who wanted me to agree with him very badly.
...moved on and circled back around.
...laughed. Just a bit for good measure.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Authentically U said...

Love this post Elizabeth! I am an access student at ACC and love reading the blog. So interesting. And although I am a non-traditional student, I love reading how the Lord is working in all of our lives at ACC. Blessings! ~Tameka