Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm Too Old!


I have noticed by doing a few things this week that I am just too old. I notice that there are things I feel like I can't do now because of my age. But over the past semester, especially this past week, I have done some things that let me relive the glory days. One thing that was huge was laser tag. I went with a group of 7th graders from my church to go play laser tag. I will say that I did win and I felt like I was in the middle of a huge war and I was camping in a corner just picking people off.( If you don't know what that last sentence means it is Call Of Duty Video Game talk for hanging out in a corner and shooting anyone that comes by with out them knowing where I was at. You may say "Micheal you were playing 7th graders," but remember they had guns also! That wasn't even the glory day experience though what was awesome was the bus ride over there. The whole ride to the place was filled non stop "Yo Momma" jokes. The were coming from every direction. I remember when me and my friends used to just sit in the gym and and make up the best " Yo Momma" jokes. I can't even remember the last time I cracked a " Yo Momma " joke. It has been forever. It was a great flash back. Another thing I did was help my Youth Pastor's son with his 3rd grade math. Now that took me back. Being in college I just dream of being able to do Math that easy. All we had to do consisted of us counting the sides of shapes and writing down their name. I miss it a lot! The last thing I will talk about is my 9th grade bible study I lead with some students from my church. It's awesome. We hang out and go through the world and goof off and of course talk about girls. Its a great experience and but there is something I notice that I really miss. That is not being so independent. My guys just hang out until their mom comes and gets them. They don't have to go back and right book reports or worry about if the gas they have will get them back to school. They don't have to pay their cell phone bill or anything like that. Now don't get me wrong I love being in college and I love being able to provide for myself but I don't think it's wrong to sometimes miss being younger. So live it young have fun but always appreciate the gift at one time you young and you will most likely have kids and appreciate the fact that they will be young.

No comments: