Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Ministry Day 2011





Today hundreds of ACC staff and students attacked our community with the love of Jesus! ACC sent students to Point University's new home West Point, GA and Lanett and Valley, Alabama. Students also went to Woodland Christian Camp and God's Farm. I went to City of Refuge with 90 students. My group went to the park and had a cookout with children that live on campus at the City of Refuge. I am on SGA and we headed up the cookout. Storey, Rob, and I prepared lunch, while the kids played football and kickball with the other ACC students. After lunch we played on the playground. I made a friend, named Michelle(pictured above). She is 8 and we got sick spinning on this amazing little merry-go-round. It was such a great day to serve and love kids who do not always experience love. Greg lead our group today and he really challenged me to serve. City of Refuge has so many opportunities to serve and it is important that we take the church outside of the church by serving in other areas.

No comments: