Saturday, April 9, 2011

End of the Semester

Well, it's been a while and a lot has been going on. I thought things would slow down a little after my recital....but I was wrong. This week we had dorm wars. It was really fun and it gave everyone a chance to relax and let loose for a few days. We also had Spring Ministry Day on Thursday. We all signed up to go to different places and just help out and minister to different people. I had the opportunity to go to City of Refuge in Atlanta. City of Refuge provides food, clothing and other necessary resources to the less fortunate and struggling people in Atlanta. It was an awesome day. I packed boxes full of food that would be delivered to the homes of families and I also helped organize the warehouse where they keep donations like furniture and clothes and electronics; there were even a couple of cars in there. It is so easy to get wrapped up in yourself these days with our busy schedules and deadlines that we have to make; it was nice to step back for a day and put myself in the backseat and think about someone else and their well-being. As a Christian though, one day is not enough and it shouldn't take a school ministry day for me to get out into the world and share the love of Christ with others. This week ended with a bang: Spring Formal. We all went out to Stone Mountain and boarded a river boat and just had a good time. Now, it is time to get back into the groove of things. There are papers due, and projects and finals right around the corner. We are almost to the end and it is looking pretty good.

No comments: