Friday, January 20, 2012

Back to the Grind!!

The holidays are officially over, and it's back to life as normal (well, as normal as possible). This semester I decided to add an additional online class to my already full schedule. This extra class just so happened to fall during the holidays. Seemed like a good idea, no? Let me just come out and say it, not the best idea I've ever had. It's not because it was too much to handle, it just that this particular class required a lot of papers (A LOT)! So taking two classes, one of which required 3 papers, the other required 1. That's basically a paper a week for us ACCESS students. Not too bad as I'm certain that the traditional students probably have even more than that, but being an adult, with children, church responsibilities, as well as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years just added a whole new level of crazy to it. Taking time off to enjoy the holidays meant paying dearly for it later. All in all, I'm not unhappy I took the extra class; I'll do it again, but I'll not be planning it around Christmas for sure!
On another happy note, in a few days I will be taking my last official Associate's Degree class. By the end of the semester I will be working on my Bachelor's Degree. I can't believe my time is almost halfway over. I've met some really great people and made some new friends along the way. I'm looking forward to the next couple of years.

No comments: