Friday, January 27, 2012

Nunsense is Habit Forming

I would like to officially announce that I'm becoming a nun! Now before you try to convince me that the life of solitude and loneliness isn't all it's cracked up to be, I should probably clarify that I'm only playing the role of a nun in Point University's first ever school play! I'm so excited! I did plays all thorough high school, but since I've been in college, there hasn't been much of an opportunity. However, as our school is growing, a drama program is being introduced including putting on a full fledge musical! When my dad went to school here way back in the dark ages, he was a part of the drama program, so I think it's cool that I get to continue the tradition. We've already begun rehearsals. There's only 5 people in the cast, so we're becoming a quirky little family. We have rehearsals every Monday and Tuesday from 7 to 10 pm and on Saturdays from noon to 6 pm, so we've had a lot of time together already. After all the dancing, sweating, laughing, we've all bonded fast, and I love these girls! The basic concept of the show is that the nuns are putting on a show to raise the money they need to bury 4 nuns that died and were stuck in the freezer. It's hilarious; there've been so many times that we've had to stop rehearsal for laughing breaks. The show is March 16th, 17th, and 18th. Everyone should come see it!

No comments: