Anyways, as you know (or may have forgotten), I like lists, and I think that the best way to try and explain why Point has been so wonderful this past month is through said list. Without further ado,
- My birthday. I'm turning 20 in exactly one week, and it's both scary and exciting. Scary in that I will no longer be able to say that I am a teenager, and that I am just this much closer to having to be in the "real world". But, on the bright side, being 20 means that I am no longer a teenager and am now about to enter the real world. Plus, I just love birthdays.
- Sadie Hawkins dance was enjoyable. This past Friday night the CLMs held their annual Sadie Hawkins dance (where the girls ask the guys...it's always a surprise - you get bonus points that don't mean anything if you know the reference) and the theme was "Hoedown Throwdown". It was a night filled with food, and fire, and fun. Afterwards, a group of us went to Dwarf House (where else?!) for a late night meal (it was "Biscuit Time" after all [after 11 PM they serve Chick-fil-a biscuits]), and I along with two of the "Redmen" (name that my girlfriend calls those of us in the Redmon House) and our friend Seth stayed up until 3 AM (latest I've stayed up until by far in the past year) and needless to say, I really enjoyed sleeping in until noon on Saturday.
- I am being published (again) in the Talon, with an article on Ash Wednesday/Lent.
- Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent - a new season on the liturgical calendar!
- I finally got my Microsoft Word to not auto correct "pericope" to "periscope". I figure that Dr. Carey won't want me turning in a paper where it says "The periscope says that Jesus...".
- Valentines Day was wonderful - spent it with my girlfriend with our friends and enjoyed a nice meal together of baked spaghetti, garlic bread, and ice cream.
- I have grown out a beard. Much to the pleasure of my friends who have been asking me to for months.
- Spring break is only a week away!
- Related to spring break - I get to see the beach in only a little more than a week!