Friday, February 10, 2012

Who Needs Sleep?


I'm not a morning person. I'm not a night owl. I just like to sleep. Honestly, I rather go to bed early and wake up late, but college has almost cured me of that because when you sleep you miss out on so much of the incredible community here at Point. Last night SGA put on Manhunt (like hide-and-go-seek, but way cooler and there are prizes) at 10 pm. It was pretty awesome. I hid in a Herbie Curbie (a trash can for recycling plastic bottles) and one guy literally hid in the sewer. Each person hiding was worth a certain amount of points. Two people were even worth negative points. After Manhunt, a van full of girls (and a few brave, maybe even crazy, boys) went to the midnight premiere of The Vow, an ultimate chick flick! It was so sappy and romantic and I loved it. Once we got back, we started planning. Next Friday we are having a Hoedown Throwdown Sadie Hawkins Dance and girls have to be creative in asking guys to the dance. My across-the-hall dorm neighbor, Katie, and I planned an incredible scavenger hunt for her to ask her date to the dance. Yes, I stayed up until 4am and had to wake up a few hours later to go to work at my on-campus job, but the best things happen late. That is when the best conversations happen, when you drop your guard and really get to know someone, when everything is hilarious. I would not trade those experiences for the world (or even a couple more hours of sleep)!

No comments: