Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Prodigious Ingredient In God

A Prodigious Ingredient in God

By: A.S.B. Jr.
Editing: Kamilah Smith

I Corinthians 13:1-13

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.4 Lovesuffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.8 Lovenever fails. But whether there areprophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I would lose my mind without love. My mind, body, soul, and spirit cannot live without the conscious indwelling oflove. The satisfaction of it stills my nerves. What kind of immoral Christian would I be without repaying my duty to love people where they are? It’s uncomfortable to see people doing great things without the presence of love, gifts, and talents. A child would rather receive love through deeds than through verbal affirmation. There is also a beautiful thought to imagine: Even though we may have some ideas of love God has in store a type of love we cannot comprehend. There is a better and perfect definition that God can’t even write out when expressing the totality of LOVE. The only things we can learn from this passage is to keep working on what we can achieve in Christ. What faith and hope can we obtain without the ingredients of love in the mix? If it’s only a fraction, let’s sprint to learn from its fruits and not become puppet Christians.

Prayer: Only You Lord hold affection and affirmation about the mystical powers of Love- the greatest gift to man. Thank You my precious and appointed God who has allowed us to join You once more in communicating even more of a lasting bond. It’s a great and intriguing experience to understand more. You’re not just a Father but Mother, not just a husband but a wife as well. The God I know is beautiful and a fragrant sweet dear who gives me words to speak, and ears to listen. Make my life a wonderful arrangement of love and my ministry in love. I appreciate always the time we share and I hope to further our time together. In Jesus the Christ name, Amen.

No comments: