Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring has Sprung!

I'm not sure about you, but this spring is flying by for me! I have officially completed all of my courses to obtain my Associate of Arts degree. The graduation tests have been taken, the cap and gown ordered. I'm really very excited about the whole process. On one hand, I realize that I am still in classes and will be continuing on for a couple of more years (then more tests and another cap and gown) but this is the first time since 1995 that I've worn these types of garments. I was a bit torn at first as to whether I would walk or not. I haven't completed my time at Point University, but I have accomplished something that took me many years to get around to doing. I talked to some of my classmates and professors and the consensus is that we should celebrate what we have accomplished, even if it is not the Bachelors degree just yet. It is still an important stepping stone. I just can't wait to experience this accomplishment with some of my family and the friends that I have made in my first two years at Point.

No comments: