Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Life as a Soccer Player at Point University


Life as a soccer player at Point University….. How can I describe to you what it is like? In my apartment, I am the only one who is not lazy. Whenever my alarm goes off, my head is off my pillow right away. However, my roommates need someone to wake them up.  If I don’t wake up, then none of us wakes up! Why do I have to be the one to wake my roommates up?! My roommate from Habersham and my roommate from Oxford, Alabama are some great guys that I am thankful for, but they are a little slow when it comes to waking up sometimes. No, all the time. We get up every morning, or at least try our best to, and make our way to get a cup of Joe. My roommate from Oxford already fell back asleep at this point, and I literally have to turn some music on full blast in order to get him out of bed!! Usually some Justin Beiber will do the trick! Since the spring is offseason, sometimes we will go run or workout together. I try to keep up with my roommates when I run, but I use to be a goalkeeper, so that’s the end of that! So after we finish classes, we have practice on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Practices are fun until we have punishment or running until we throw up our insides. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we go to the gym to get “swole” as we say it! This is when having teammates help me! Without everyone screaming at you to push through the pain, it would never happen. So I hope that I have entertained you even if you don’t play soccer….Ah, who am I kidding, Ain’t nobody got time for that!

-Donovan

No comments: