Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Class. Workouts. Practice. Homework. Sleep . Repeat



It’s 6:30am“Beep, beep, beep, beep.” My phone alarm goes off… I push snooze. “Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.”  “Hey man, come-on get-up; we’re gonna be late!” I look over and my roommate is quickly dressing for our early morning class,  he’s my teammate from Fayetteville, GA . He’s nice and funny—I’m glad he woke me up so I’m not late… well, I still ended up being late and here is the reason why: the night before we had workouts and my group ended up doing leg workouts plus running  a mile after. If you’ve ever worked out your legs then ran a mile you know how painful it really is! L So I show up about 10 minutes late to class, take notes and listen to my professors until they dismiss the class.  You go eat lunch, rest a few hours and then its work out time again! Yesterday was a leg workout day so I am sore everywhere, and I mean everywhere! I can’t sit, I can’t walk without limping, and I can’t walk up any stairs. Anyways, you guys probably don’t want to hear me complain, so back to workouts. They usually last 2 hours and in between that time we work ourselves hard! Then at 8:30 P.M. we have indoor soccer that lasts till 11:00! Now I don’t mind playing that long because it is a lot of fun and entertaining to watch as well.  After 11:00 you have to do homework that is due the next day and it usually takes at least an hour or two. Finally, it is time to sleep, but then you wake up and repeat the same thing next day! So, with that being said, student athletes put in a lot of work and most of the time it does reflect on their education. But, it’s about learning to manage your time schedule, so, is it really worth it? For me, I think so! But I will let you decide whether or not it is worth it for you!

-Matias 

No comments: