Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Senior Worship Concert… in the making


Senior year has finally come, which means graduation is right around the corner. Being a senior and a worship music major means that preparation for my worship concert is in full swing. All worship music majors have to complete a worship concert during their senior year in order to graduate. In preparation for it, all the students who will have a worship concert this year meet together with the director of music to discuss all of the details that the concert withholds. We have weekly assignments to keep us on track and not let us get behind on the planning. During my worship internship at my church over the summer, I had the opportunity to plan a night of worship, which gave me insight to how my worship concert planning should go.



 As I began to meet with my classmates and director to discuss details of planning the concert I realized that there are so many little factors I have to think about that go into planning a worship concert. When I planned the worship night at my church, it was similar to the planning of the worship concert, but there are a few more details that the worship concert has. A few of them consist of a theme, lighting, and ushers. I hadn’t given much thought to these factors before, but I realized that even the smallest details are detrimental for an event like this.  

Since starting the school year and planning my worship concert, the excitement continues to grow for that night that I have the chance to lead my family, friends, and peers into worshiping our God. My hope and prayer is that after every detail is planned, set, and ready for that night, all of those things will be out of sight and mind, and it will only be about leading the people into the presence of God. I desire for every heart that enters the building to feel God’s presence, and that they will have their hearts open to Him, and their lives will be changed. When everything is coming to a close for that night, it won’t be about the grade I receive, what did or did not go right, or what I could have done better. My hope is that whatever happens, and whatever I plan, all of it will be done for His name’s sake.


-Misty Perry



No comments: