Monday, February 23, 2015

The Start of my Year!



Have you ever just sat down and thought, “Oh my goodness, where has the time gone?” I have had that thought a lot lately. It feels like I was a freshman here at Point just yesterday! Now I am currently entering my second semester of my junior year and things are flying by. It’s already February and things are in full swing! Our first day of classes and syllabus week is over. Don’t let students tell you that we don’t enjoy that week; it’s the easiest week of the semester.  Some people have already had their first test or their first paper due, which means some people are already stressed out. I have gotten to the point of the semester, which usually comes towards the beginning for me, where I start to wonder why I took a 17 credit hour work load this semester. Seventeen hours on top of work and other things that I am involved in on campus can be a lot! Even though it can be heavy sometimes, I’ve gotten into my course work and I know that before I know it, it’ll be May of 2016. I will be grabbing that diploma and shaking President Collins’ hand with the biggest smile on my face. That thought alone is one of the things that keeps me going through a busy semester!

Even though the beginning of the semester is extremely busy, it is also one of the most fun times of the semester! One of my favorite things about it is that a new semester means new students! I love meeting new people and adding to our Point family. I look forward to welcoming new girls to my building and getting to know them individually. We had a lot of student life events in the beginning of the semester. An example of one is our bowling night. We took over the Auburn bowling alley and that was the coolest thing to see. There were so many new and old Point students in community with each other over a couple of games of bowling. Another example is our dodgeball tournament. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not the most athletic person ever, (even though I like to pretend that I am) but I played in the dodgeball tournament! To my surprise, I had so much fun! We didn’t win, but our team was great and we had a blast playing together.

Fun times can happen in the midst of classes and the stress that comes along with it! There have been so many fun times already and there are so many more fun memories to be made. It’s going to be awesome and I can’t wait to continue to do life with my Point family this semester! 

- Herani T

No comments: