Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Homecoming 2015

This is such a wonderful time of the year, leaves falling, morning dew, and rainy days. There are more things that makes this season wonderful though. As a student of Point University, there were also Homecoming activities to be a part of on campus like chorus concerts, intramurals, Feast, athletics, and many others.

This past week I got the chance to participate in the Point's Alumni tailgate. At the tailgate I talked to graduates from thirty years ago to recent graduates. These conversations were filled with encouragement from people who know the mission of Point University. The alumni know that Point is more than just a school to attend, but is also a place of transformation. Point became a place of transformation for me when I got into community. Community, like the alumni tailgate, can transform your life through the conversations. These conversations at the tailgate opened up opportunities for a dialogue that allowed me to understand how much I am loved just for being a student at Point.

Since I had the chance to participate in the tailgate it made sense for me to go to the Homecoming game! I was overcome with excitement by the win that our Skyhawks had against Southeastern Fire (66-34)! It is great to see success in both the football team and our very own marching band. Point University is propelling itself to be better in many different ways. It was awesome to see the students and alumni supporting Point, but we also received support from the city of West Point and Valley.

It is great to be “one part” of the body of Christ within Point University! 




 - Jonathan Adams

No comments: