Thursday, March 20, 2008

Back from Spring Break

So, I realized that I forgot to introduce myself in my last Blog. I am Anthony, a Sophomore at ACC. I am from Carrollton, GA and I am a Biblical Studies and Preaching Dual Major. I am involved with a lot of different activities on at the ACC campus. I play Soccer, lead the Sunday Nights service, I am a Campus Life Minister and I just like to have fun. When I graduate, I plan on doing something in the ministry whether it be with you ministry or camp ministry. I would absolutely love to start a summer camp someplace, maybe even in Alaska. I just do not know, I will just have to see what happens. In the Fall of '08 I will be traveling to Birmingham, England to be an Exchange Student with Globalscope. I am going to miss being at ACC for a semester but I am really excited about the ministry opportunities overseas.

This past week was our Spring Break and we had a lot of fun. A group of 12 of us got together and rented a condo down on New Smyrna Beach, just south of Daytona. It was nice having a week off and just getting to hang out with friends. We did everything from hanging out on the beach, watching the Space Shuttle launch at 2:28 in the morning, to going to a Chick-fil-a grand opening even in Miami. That is another cool thing we have been involved in. Whenever we hear about a Chick-fil-a grand opening anywhere around us, we get a group of people together to go. If you are within the 1st 100 people to be in line 24 hours before it open, you receive 52 #1 combo coupons. You have to stay their all night and you are not allowed to leave the parking lot. It is really a lot of fun and there it something to do the whole time you are there. When we went to the one in Miami, two of my friends got to dress up as the Chick-fil-a cows, it was really funny. We successfully went to 2 openings in 2 weeks. It is worth every second of sleep you do not get.

Now we are back to school and back to working and planning more things to do. Sometimes life just seems so busy but I cannot complain, I am having the time of my life.

No comments: