Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sunburn and shots


Spring break ended about as quickly as it began, so it's back to the grind here at ACC. I'm looking at a busy week, especially since we have no classes on Good Friday. Thank you professors for unanimously decided to give me ALL of your tests this Wednesday.
Regardless, I had a great break. I was able to catch up on some projects that will be due very shortly. I read a couple of books while cruising on the lake, while managing to get scorched by the sun. I got to see a few new movies. And let's not forget the good food and free laundry aspect.
One interesting component of my week involved preparing for my summer internship. I applied to the REACH Internship program with Christian Missionary Fellowship a few months ago, and found out in January that I was accepted. Therefore, I'm going to be spending my summer in Nairobi, Kenya (May 28th-August 2nd). I'm really excited for the opportunity, and I've been keeping busy raising my support, reading assigned books, and simply preparing my heart. Over break I got five shots (Influenza, Polio, Meningitis, Yellow Fever, and Typhoid Fever)... and I'm quite amazed at the body's ability to handle all of that at once. I'm proud to say I took the shots like a fearless Samurai warrior.
I'll be sure to keep you updated on my plans for the summer and if you have some time, I'd greatly appreciate the prayer!

P.S. I didn't look quite like the girl in the picture, and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you :)

No comments: