Monday, April 14, 2008

What is up...


Food. It is an important aspect of your higher education. It is a fact of life that when you come to college, you are going to miss home cooked meals. Sometimes a fun game to play during lunch or dinner is... "What would I rather be eating?" I have found our cafeteria excels on a few particular dishes. I also give them a lot of credit for trying new things and being open to new suggestions from students. My absolute favorite meal is the meatloaf. Meatloaf day is like winning the lottery for me, perhaps because it actually tastes like home. I wish everyday was meatloaf day here at ACC...

Outside of the cafeteria, the campus is beginning to feel the effects of the end of the semester. Papers, tests, and projects are piling up. We are all feeling a little bit more ragged. Personally speaking, I find myself staying in bed a little bit longer and sporting the pajamas a little bit more in my morning classes. Despite being excited for the end of this semester, I do not feel quite ready to leave for summer yet. I have grown so accustomed to being here. Additionally, I know my summer in Kenya is going to change me in immense ways. I most likely will not return to ACC as the same person that left in May. As I normally ask, please be praying for my trip. I have a financial deadline this Friday, and I am still in need of $1,664 in order to meet it.

Also, I wanted to point out that today is "Look up at the sky day." Well just because... that's whatsup.

No comments: