Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Yesterday was Labor day and I have a four day weekend on account of that whole no class on Tuesday thing. I've had a pretty good four days off. Friday I stayed late at school so I could go to the volleyball game. The girls lost, but it was still a fun game to watch. After the game I left campus and made a three hour drive to Nashville, GA. You've probably never hear of it, and that's probably because it's an incredibly small town with like three stop lights. Anyway, one of my uncles died so I drove down for the funeral. While it was a sad occasion, it was nice to see all my family again. It was especially nice to see some of my extended family members who I only see maybe once a year.
Sunday night I drove back to school and spent the night. Labor day I went home and played tennis with my dad. He's a really good tennis player and I' just a beginner so he kicked my butt on the court. We played for an hour and a half and my arms kind of hurt today. After tennis I went with my family to have dinner at Outback with my sister's fiance and his family.
So now it's time to get back to school and back to homework. I'm going to work really hard today to catch up on my school work, because the boys' soccer team has a game tonight and I really want to go. The team is really good and I'm excited to watch them play. So first things first, I need to get my homework finished and then I can go have fun.

No comments: