Monday, October 19, 2009

"Home! We're coming home again..."

This is Homecoming Week here at ACC, and if you're a high school student, Homecoming probably means dress up days during the week, lots of hype about the big game on Friday, and maybe even a parade. Well, as far as I know, there isn't a parade, but dress up days (pajama day and western day, anyone?) and big games (Men's soccer vs. Kentucky Christian University this Friday) are a go.

The Student Government Association (SGA) has planned lots of other fun activities, too. On Thursday, there's going to be a worship service in Westside Chapel, and the ACC concert choir is going to show us what they've been doing on Tuesdays and Thursdays locked in that room on the bottom of the 300 hallway.

In normal chapel on Friday, Josh Childress is speaking, and he used to be my children's minister and I'm really psyched about getting to hear him talk as a grown-up. On Friday, there's a block party on Old Main Plaza (RIGHT outside my dorm) and they'll be cooking out (if they can get a fire started *wink*) and rumor has it there'll be popcorn and cotton candy. Cotton candy? I'm SO there. Saving the best for last, of course, after the block party on Friday, there's going to be an Open Mic Night in McKinney's and there'll be good music, and some awesome Christian hip-hop, and usually there are a couple of kids who don't sing. Maybe some comedy routines? Who knows; it's kind of a surprise.

As if that schedule wasn't enough, I personally am having a crazy busy week. Tonight, I'm going to Lenox Mall with some friends, one of whom is taking her laptop to the Mac store, because it has the white screen of death. All signs point to a hard drive death, but we're going to get a professional opinion. Why am I going, you ask? Why not, my friend. Why not.

I've got advisement tomorrow. I've got Dr. Hooks, and I couldn't be more psyched :D I'm not entirely sure about what I'm taking, and I'm a bit worried, but as everyone keeps telling me: I don't have to know it all now. I've got time.

Best of all, my bff Kamie is coming to visit me on Wednesday, and staying until Friday. She's a senior this year, and is checking out colleges. Like I've said, it's been a challenge to make enough time for everything I want to do and everything I need to do, and it's going to be excellent to have a chance to catch up with her. I couldn't be more excited. How many times have I told you I couldn't be more excited? Obviously I need some better hyperboles. I'll think about it and get back with you. Right now, my laundry is dry and I should fold and head to supper. Fun, no? Wait. Not no. Yes. Lots of fun.

The Video of the Blogpost (you thought I forgot, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?! But I didn't forget, so there): Hope you like Creed. This is a song of their's, and I like it. It was recommended to me by a good friend of mine, and I miss him a lot, and this is my remedy for that missing.

No comments: