Thursday, November 5, 2009

Autumn Always Makes Me Nostalgic.

Some of you may be wondering two things, and I hope to answer your questions in this blog post (have you ever noticed how, when you type things, you tend to mistype them the same way? I have a friend, Tim, and I regularly spell his name Time. "Saw" often becomes "was" and vice versa. Blog? I really want to tell people that I write a bog for my college. Crazy, huh?) (That was a long side note, and I'm sorry). Okay. Two things you may be wondering. ONE: Is this entry going to be as interesting as the last entry? No. No, it isn't. Sorry. And TWO: What am I doing for my birthday this weekend? VERY good question.

Tomorrow, my parents and I are going to travel to Johnson City, Tennessee to visit my brother for his and my birthdays (his is the 7th and mine is the 8th. Handy, huh?). It's his twenty-first, and my mother asked him on the phone what would make his birthday awesome and he replied that having us (Dad, Mom, and me) and my grandparents there would make it awesome and we're doing just that. It's a semi-surprise, which makes putting it up on the internet kind of foolish, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog posts, as he is a fairly busy kind of guy. I miss him, and I'm glad I'm getting to see him. There you have it. Birthday weekend.

Last night, my aunt and uncle took me to supper and then to church with them. My uncle recently was hired to be the administrator of the FISH house (connected with Jesus Place, in downtown Atlanta) and they're going to start going to Ben Hill Christian Church. Last night was their first night going, and they took me to Oz Pizza in East Point and then to church. During supper, Uncle Berry, who graduated from ACC in the '70s, told me all kinds of funny college stories, and I had a nice time.

This will come across as trite and cliched, but I'm going to just say it. Autumn is my favorite season. I love the leaves, the weather, the clothes (fall clothes are my favorite), everything. I feel very scholarly, walking around on my college campus in warm clothes and just.... In the fall, a nerd's heart turns towards school. There. I've said it, and there's nothing else to say. Oh! I lied, yes there is.

I think our fall preview day is coming up pretty soon (a week from today, actually: Thursday, November 12), and if you're a high school student who's interested in the school, then I would definitely recommend coming and looking at the campus. Let's face it: you're not going to be able to make an informed decision based on information in a brochure. You need to come to school, sit in on a class or two, see the dorms, talk to teachers, and talk to students before you can really know whether or not ACC is the right school for you. It's not too late to sign up to come. The admissions office isn't EVEN paying me to say that. But you should still come.

There won't be a video of the blog post, because my internet is messing up, and it won't let me on YouTube. I'll do two next week, okay?
The next time you see me, blog, I will be 19! Practically a woman!

No comments: