Thursday, November 12, 2009

"Laundry Be Not Proud"

If you're anything like me (and we can all hope you're... well... not.) you like to do the same things, in the same way, at the same time. I had a habitual life in high school. I drove to school the same way every day, came home the same way. All my classes were in order, and my after-school routine followed the same pattern. The shift to college was pretty stressful, really, because of how out of the ordinary it was for me. But never fear: my obsessive personality has once again triumphed, and I've settled into a pretty firm pattern. For example? Mondays are the days I stay away from my dorm until after supper and also the days I go to devo group with some girls on my hallway. Wednesdays I go to church instead of devo group, and Thursdays have become "Blog while sitting against the washer doing laundry" days. Hello, blog. If you could see my outfit right now, you would laugh at me. Laundry needs to be done and blogging is a good filler activity.

Unfortunately, I don't want to talk about my laundry ("Unfortunately?" say the readers, "Yeah, RIGHT." I see your scoffing, readers, I do, and I'm not going to pretend it doesn't hurt.). Also, I don't want to talk about my classes. Or about my weekend. Or.... Yeah. This blog is going to be short. As in..... now.

And also I'd like to issue a retraction. In a former blog post, I wrote the ignominious phrase, "Me and Jess" referring to, of course, my friend and me going to see Switchfoot. I have since then been informed (as I, of course, knew) it should correctly have been stated, "Jess and me" as you always put yourself last in terms of grammar. Thanks to those who pointed out my personal flaws. It's much appreciated. ;)

Video of the Blog Post: Switchfoot's new album came out on Tuesday and now there's lots of slightly illegal music to listen to on youtube. This song in particular makes me want to scream my angst out at the world. Enjoy.

No comments: