Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"The Block"!!!! no problem! ;)

Hi Guys,
I am currently in the middle of my junior and I in the teaching block. Boy is it tough! I have 18 hours and work! The good thing is I don't have extracurricular activities going on this semester, I don't mind that at all! Even though "the block" is super busy and tough, I really do enjoy it. I have gotten awesome experience that I don't believe I would be able to get somewhere else. I have been in a classroom every semester since I have been here at ACC and I have learned so much about becoming a better teacher. I feel like once I graduate from ACC I will be able to jump right into a classroom and be a great teacher. I haven't actually decided which grade I want to teach yet but I am pretty sure I want the younger grades. I believe with the younger grades I have a direct hand in helping them learn. I will lay the foundation for learning for the rest of their lives. Over-all "the block" has been stressful, it's not a walk in the park by no means, but I have learned a lot and it's been a good ride so far. By the time I graduate I will be the best teacher ever!!! ;) lol

- Alex

No comments: