Friday, February 18, 2011

ACC over Coffee


Today was my very first time being involved in ACC over Coffee. I got the chance to meet so many new faces while there. Though I was there to show the prospective students around along with their families, I got the chance to learn more about them then anything. It was interesting to see that there were a lot of people that are home schooled and they had the most excitement for college and knew what they wanted to do, and then there were the ones that actually are in high school but still unsure of what it was they wanted to pursue. I was nervous when I learned that I would be the person giving the tour to about 30 people it actually felt like 100 and to make it even worse, I was doing it by myself. Good thing Gerardo, Morgan, and Shali came along for the support.
There were so many people some who talked and others that didn't say anything it was a very diverse type of group from home schooled seniors to soccer players down to the musicians. It was definitely a new experience for me, but it turned out great. I met so many new people along the way. One of the girls that I met was Chelsea (don't know if I spelled it right) and she was one the most down to earth person that I talked to. We talked about where she was from and where she's grown up, and amazingly enough there were some similarities. What surprised me was the fact that she was so young and involved with college already at the age of 17, and already excited about coming to the school. We closed out the day with lunch and more conversation with other students (shout out to Laurie and her mom Lynn). I can say for the most part that this was a very fun experience for me and I can't wait for the next one!

No comments: