Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ski Trip 2011


On Monday I went skiing with 8 friends from ACC. Rebekah, Josh, Joseph, Ben, Shernay, Emma, Casey, Shaundre and I left school at 4 am and then traveled 41/2 hours to Wolf Ridge Mountain in North Carolina. It was 60 degrees. The perfect skiing weather! We skied and snowboarded all day long. I'm pretty good at skiing and by that I mean I fly down the mountain unable to stop, but I can stay on my feet!
I let Joseph, Ben, Josh, and Rebekah convince me to go up to the top of the mountain. Powder Hill was the worst. It was one of those you better turn right or you're flying off the side of the mountain deals. I couldn't even see down the hill it was so steep, so I slid down on my butt! One time I went down the left slope at the top of the mountain and I was going so fast that when I went over a little hill I caught air! Joseph said I started flailing and I slid down the mountain backwards. I wiped out a lot!

My favorite was the beginners' slope. I flew down the hill and would raise my arms in the air. I know it's cheesy, but I felt like I was flying.
At the end of the day we were exhausted. I twisted my knee and have huge bruises, but it was totally worth it. Four of us ended up with sunburn or windburn. We're not sure which. Because he was wearing goggles, Ben was burned just on the tip of his nose! That night we stopped at Cracker Barrel..AMAZING!! and then drove back. We got back around 11. It was such a long day and I'm still sore, but we had an incredible time!
Can't wait 'til Ski Trip 2012!

No comments: