Thursday, February 10, 2011

Change is a Good Thing!!


Hey guys!

A few weeks ago I was invited to a top secret meeting with President Collins and 11 other students. I had no idea what was going on. All I knew was there was cookie cake involved, so I was there! Mr. Huxford swore us to secrecy and then President Collins told us everything! For twelve hours I had to keep the most painful secret!

My roommate, and best friend (It is so cool how that works!), Rebekah, wants to major in Social Work. However, ACC doesn't have it, so she has talked about transferring. But that night President Collins announced that ACC is becoming Point University and, among other things, is getting a Social Work Major! I hated not being able to tell her!

I am so excited about the changes happening at ACC! I never thought ACC could get EVEN better, but it is! The name change, the location change, a football team, yes you heard right, A FOOTBALL TEAM, a ginormous sportsplex, beautiful apartments, the river, a lake, downtown life, and a super close Zaxbys! We're getting new majors and more sports! Point University has the perks of a large university while maintaining the small college community (which happens to be the best part of ACC, oops I mean Point University!).

I get to visit West Point, the home of Point University, soon! Can't wait to tell you all about it!

:) Kaitlyn

No comments: