Saturday, March 19, 2011

Home Stretch


I am an education major here at Atlanta Christian College! I have always had a passion for working with children! I feel as if you can learn so much from them. I am in a class called Educational Foundations! This class covers the basics for education! I was assigned a project in which I was to write an essay about children and or workers other than teachers in the school. I decided to do both, I interviewed some workers and I worked with the kids.
I decided to work in my mom's second grade special education class. There i helped them get simple everyday work done and I just spent time with the kids. This day allowed me to learn so much. I realized that Patience is key in managing a classroom. Without this you will unable to have a classroom. My mom was so amazing at this. She had these kids under so much control. I loved watching her.
When I was working with these kids, It confirmed me wanting to be a teacher. I want to help these children and effect them in the long run. I feel that Atlanta Christian College is going to prepare me well for this job and the journey I have ahead of me.

No comments: