Friday, March 4, 2011

What we Do for the "NEW" News...

YOU'VE GOT MAIL! Can you remember the last time you got one of these guys in the mail from your school? What would be the first thing that you would do after reading this? (Or not reading this for some of you) "Ding Ding Ding" You answered correct! Throw it away. It's true once you look at something in the mail once and it's not money we have a tendency to either throw it away or let it sit on the table as if it's not important. (I do that sometimes) Have you ever stopped to think about how it got to you or who mailed it to you? Well here goes.. It all started last week I was in the office and was helping to put address labels on the post cards as well as stamps. It sounds easy I know. But not when you've got a million of these guys to get mailed out. Me and another worker had split them up and were working as a team but unfortunately she had to leave early. So here I am in the office all alone with no help. Just me. I needed a faster method on how I could get them done in a certain period of time. First things first put all of the address labels on them. That was the easy part. The next thing I had to do was put on the stamps. That's when my wheels started spinning in my head. I had gotten an idea. Put as many stamps on your hand as possible and peel them off to put on the post card I thought. Now I know this sounds a little crazy but it worked!!!!!!!! I'll tell you what.. It made the time fly by, but it also made my hands super duper ashy. (That's a story for another day).
Now, I know you're probably wondering what is up with the title. "What we do for the "NEW" News.. Basically I want you to understand how it works in the Admissions office. Now I can't speak for everybody, but as far as the environment is concerned I would rate it a 1 million percent. It's so positive and we have some of the best hardworking staff you'll ever meet. We find ways to get things done like I did. We don't have machines that bring the students to the campus, but people. The same people that called you when you had some interest in the school. Thats why you're here. I have such a respect for them and my hands ;) So the next time you get a post card from your school do us all a favor and think about how it got to you and most importantly whose hand was your stamp on before it got to you. -Deene-

No comments: