Saturday, May 7, 2011

Broadway Blast

One of my favorite things about school is being able to see people do what they do best. This is especially true for the Music Department (which is soon to be the Fine Arts Department) Every end of the semester they put together a concert, and this semester's theme was broadway. Now, I'm not a big fan of musicals (at least in movie-format) but goodness do I love to watch a good performance. And the Choir team did a phenomenal job!


The most amazing part for me is that I was actually asked to take part in this year's performance! Got to play guitar for a rendition of "Good Riddance" by Green Day from theirAmerican Idiot presentation on Broadway.


There were so many great performances. The opening was great. A girl at our school, Chloe, sang a beautiful opening jazz number.

Another girl, Ashley A., sang an amazing cover of "I'm here" from The Color Purple, and of course "Ugg a Wugg" from Peter Pan was just phenomenal - they added a drum part that was pretty great.


And Brandy M. did a great job as Belle from Beauty and The Beast.


Honestly, everyone did a fantastic job and I was just so honored to be a part of it! I am even considering joining choir next semester . . . but we'll just have to see about that. ;)

Now I have to focus a little longer and study for Finals. So crazy that the semester is at its end. Definitely going to miss everyone a ton but it's been a great semester and I look forward to next year!

And yeah, this is me right before the performance:


:)

No comments: