Thursday, May 12, 2011

Friends for a Lifetime

In every movie I would see friends having reunions after graduating from college and starting their family's. I never thought that when I started college that God would bring people into my life and they would be as close. Two years ago my sister and I moved in and of course I wasn't planning on staying so I didn't really make the best of my college experience for that first year. About a year later, God placed it in my heart to stay after I had gotten my transfer slip and acceptance letter to another school. So I came back and decided that if I was going to graduate from here I may as well make the best of it.



The second year that I was here my sister ended up becoming a CLM and wasn't going to be my roommate. So that meant I had to find someone else. What better person to room with than my neighbor (from the semester before) Destiny Washington. We were both very unsure about how the semester would turn out, but we decided to at least give it a try. I have to say that it was the best choice that I ever could have made. She was definitely like a big sister to me and was there for me through everything I went through from happy tears to painful tears. From surprisse birthday parties to surprise late night movie nights. It was the best experience ever, and besides that I not only gained a lot of other friends, but sisters in Christ as well. I will forever remember my experiences from this school and will cherish the memories.

-Deene

No comments: