Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Class on Halloween!?!

I'll be the first to admit, I did not want to go to class last night. However, barring an emergency, as an Access student, we must be at class. I reluctantly went, hoping the professor would let us leave early so I could have some peace and quiet at home (I have two daughters, 11 and 3, peace and quiet is a luxury). We're not going to mention the fact that I was not thrilled with this class, it's a requirement, but that doesn't mean I have to love it.
I get to class, already ready for 10pm, and the most amazing thing happens..my professor has the most inspiring, uplifting, informative teaching for the night. I was actually happy that I went. I think I really do like the class, not because the textbook reading is inspiring, it's the professor. I didn't want the class to end, it was just so good! He is one of so many Point professors I've had which really inspire me. I know, it's kind of cliche talking about how good the teachers are when writing on a school blog, so I'll be real, some are not so great (very very few!!). Really though, I'm amazed not only in the amount of knowledge they possess, but in the passion that comes from them for what they're teaching. I've been fortunate enough to learn from Dr. Carey (wow!), Mr. Huxford (also amazing!), my humanities professor Anthony Neal (who knows something about everything!) and currently Gordon Griffin, who's teaching me Basic Christian Doctrine. That's just a few of many that have left an impression. My only sadness is that I only get 5 weeks with them. Hopefully, as I continue my journey, I will get to learn more from them.

No comments: