Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lasting Bonds

By: A.S.B. Jr.
John 15:14-17
14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. 17 These things I command you, that you love one another.
To my fellow access classmates I understnad the challenges that we must face and the differents hats we must put on from being a student to a husband/wife to father/mother and even having a job. I pray along with you that we continue to remeber why we said yes to God, wither your are a freshman or about to graduate rememebr the call and the charge to helping out each of your fellow classmates.I really have a deep love for my friends, all of them; there is nothing greater to me in my life than to share in the bond of friendship. I quiteoften make new friends, now of course there are different things I may share with particular individuals because of their needs and my own personal needs. There are certain friends that I must be careful with… And so with Jesus who seems to giveus an open invitation into being his friend; the kicker is he has already chosen you to become his friend, it was already done before you even heard of Jesus. Some people right now who are cursing out God don’t know yet thatJesus has already chosen us in becoming his friend, whether you are an Atheist, Muslim, Buddhist, orjust plain don’t care about who God or Jesus is, that’s all fine but he already knows you are his friend. Can someone stop this from happening? HELL NO!
Taking the time to communicate with Jesus as if he were sittingright there with you, saying things like “Jesus, allow me to have a good day,” starting with conversation can build anybody’s relationship with God. People who make their friendship official in Jesus,share and communicate with each other all the time. I was speaking to a friend the other day about how close she was to graduating college, we both reflected on the challenges we faced while in school. Another friend called me early in the morning about some personal family problems, we talked and what was so interesting was that he started to speak hope and life into me more so then what he first though he needed. That’s how friends of God are supposed to operate; not always concerned about ourselves but for the well-being of others.Thatis what God expects us to do.
Speak to him, I guarantee He is listening.

No comments: