Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturdays, Sushi, and Seminary.

I seriously like alliterations. Like, if I couldn't come up with an alliteration for a title, I would find a way to make it happen. I'm thinking you will learn which posts are mine by simply the titles. Finals are approaching, and Thanksgiving is around the corner (expect another post from me after/during break, where I will post tons of pictures of food (probably), family (maybe), and Charleston (definatly)...but until then, let me give you a thorough update on how the semester is going...click below for the details!


Sushi. It's one of my favorite forms of food. Seriously. If I could live off of it alone, I would. But alas, I can't (and Chick-fil-a sandwiches are too good to ever give up). But every once in a while, I have the craving, I manage to get a few friends to come with me. Last night was one of those "once in a whiles". I, with four of my guy friends, piled in my car ('twas a tight fit, not going to lie) to head into midtown for dinner at Gekko. Upon arrival - the complimentary valet (fancy, huh) took over and it was a weird feeling, not having car keys jingling in my pockets! But we managed to get out without spending too much money (my coupon from Groupon didn't hurt either - $28 worth (three rolls, with a sweet tea) for only $8.07 + tip! My plate is the white plate in the back, facing up towards the upper-right corner. I had Shrimp Tempura, Krab Supreme (california roll, tempura fried), and soft-shell crab. Other guys were more adventurous - Robby got eel, and Danny got octopus! No thanks!

Fast forward: today is Saturday. Which most students take as a day of doing nothing - not me! I had my nothing day two weeks ago, when I went to the High with fellow blogger Elizabeth for the "Picasso to Warhol" exhibit, after which we grabbed a picnic lunch in Piedmont Park...which I didn't expect to be quite so cold. This week is the usual Saturday, working a full shift at my off-campus job, and heading back to a quiet campus, and an empty house (and a television not taken over by video games). But, even with my busy-ness, I wouldn't have it any other way. It was the typical day at the shop, and the fact it was "shot day" (my boss does a low-cost pet vaccine clinic every third Saturday) made it a little more exciting. All in all, a good day.

Seminary (me and my aliterations...I think it's an addiction). I had never really thought about a graduate program before...since in the Anglican church, youth ministers don't need to be ordained...but the thought of grad school does peak my curiousity - and the Point University Graduate School Fair was this past Thursday...and I managed to grab some literature from RTS - Atlanta...and it definately is an option - and knowing that my professors at Point have the knowledge, and ability to teach to prepare me for it is a comfort! But hey - I've got two years to pray about it, so who knows where God will place me once that time comes!

Well, folks - that's pretty much where I am at the moment. I've got break coming up, and it'll be a much needed rest from the usual studies! Can't wait, and look out for the next post about Charleston and how much I love going home for food!

No comments: