Friday, November 11, 2011

Turtles, Fire, Frisbee, and Chicken



What do those thing have in common? They make for a fun Thursday night! I'm a member of our Student Government Association here at Point University, so I get the fun job of planning and putting on events. Being involved here gives me a sense of purpose and allows me to have a say in what goes on in our community. We normally have an event every other Thursday, but last night, we had a Triple Thursday, with 3 events! We watched Ninja Turtles II: Revenge of the Ooze, had a fire, and played glow-in-the-dark Ultimate Frisbee! Yeah, it was pretty awesome! We have our very own popcorn machine, so the movie watchers got to snack while they watched, and people were able to make s'mores at the fire. This is a picture of my best friend Beth and me with our proud, and quite tasty, creations! Afterwards, like the close of any good night, we all piled into a few cars and drove over to Dwarf House(Chick fil a). It's gotten to the point where we know the waitresses! Ramona took great care of us as normal! Most of us didn't even get food but just enjoyed the fun of hanging out with our friends. We played games, talked, and most importantly laughed! My friend Big Frank here can get pretty much anyone to shed a smile whether it's a silly comment or putting a flower in his hair! Good times with good people! :)

No comments: