Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tis the Season

Wow, it seems like just yesterday we were celebrating Thanksgiving. I hope that everyone had the best Thanksgiving they could possibly have. I was blessed to be able to celebrate with family and friends in Virginia Beach, Virginia. What made it all the more special is that I was able to spend time with my 82 year old father.

I am one of those people who truly has something to be thankful for. My father is 82 years young and is crazy about the computer. He has a Facebook account and for some reason is even on LinkedIn. My mother is 73 and if something happens to her computer or internet she is calling me or texting me (yes I said texting), as if there is a dire emergency. I love to share with people how computer savvy my parents are. They all seem to get a chuckle out of it.

But now as we move forward into the Christmas Season it is important to remember what this season is really about. When I told my friends and family that I don't like Christmas music they thought that I was a Scrooge or Grinch. But the real reason is because to me, so much of the music really has very little to do with Christ. Exchanging presents and visiting the pretty lights is fun but as we move forward into this Christmas (not Holiday) Season, let's all remember to take time to give thanks and gifts to the one that laid down His life for us, by living in a way that is pleasing to Him. Christmas falls on a Sunday this year. I hope that we, as Christians, will not allow this to keep us from attending Church Services and giving reverence to the Most High. When you wake up on Christmas morning remember what this day represents. To God be the Glory!!

No comments: