Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Enjoying Signature Voices!






This past semester I received the opportunity to audition for a vocal group called Signature Voices. Ever since my freshman year of college, I have always wanted to be a part of their ministry but I was never bold enough to audition. In my junior year, I had become friends with some of the students in the group and they encouraged me to try out when positions had opened up. When I went in for the audition I was a nervous wreck, but soon after I felt more confident. I realized the audition was not as difficult as I had originally thought. A few days later, after the audition, I received an email telling me that I was accepted; I was beyond thrilled. Just two days later, rehearsal kicked off. All eight of us were hard at work, learning and memorizing music for our first performance that was only a few days away. After our first couple of performances, the next thing on our list was to lead worship at our community wide chapel for all of the students of Point and the surrounding community. Having the opportunity to lead worship for all of them gave me an indescribable feeling. Leading people into the presence of God through music is one of my biggest passions. We continued to lead worship at our school’s community Chapel every month, as well as performing at churches around the community.
  
Being a part of Signature Voices has been a huge blessing in my life. The opportunity it has given, to meet so many different people and to welcome the presence of God in so many different places, means so much to me. We have the blessing of getting to travel to different states to perform, showing our love for music and God. Another opportunity Signature Voices has given me has been a new family. All eight of us are like siblings; we love, fight, and laugh like any family would do. The bond that we have made with each other is unbreakable. The group has also helped me in many ways musically. We sing mostly a cappella music, which has helped me to learn more harmonies and how to blend better in a group setting. Also, being in this group has helped me in developing more of my ear, which helps me hear pitches and harmonies better than before. This group has taught me many things and has given me amazing opportunities, and a family of vocalists that I never had before. I thank God every day for the blessings of this group and all that God has given through it.




 















-Misty Perry 

No comments: